Whether you have severe sciatica pain or bursts of pain that come and go, Dr Broe can help with sciatica treatment. The pain is caused by irritation or pressure on the sciatic nerve which can occur anywhere along its path from the nerve roots exiting the spine into the pelvis out through the buttocks into the hamstring muscle and then splitting behind the knee into the calf.
Dr Broe will make an examination in order to locate any issues around the spine which might be causing swelling and thus pressure on the sciatic nerve. By restoring the spine to its normal function the swelling will reduce and take the pressure off the nerve. It may be that the source of your sciatica problem is a muscle spasm. The sciatic nerve passes through the muscle in the buttock which is a large muscle and a common cause of sciatica. If the muscle tightens it can press on the nerve to produce pain so this is another area that can be treated.
Symptoms of Sciatica pain:
- A pain in the leg or buttock that worsens when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Difficulty moving the leg or foot
- Weakness, numbness in the leg
- A shooting pain that travels down the leg
- A constant pain on one buttock
- call Dr Broe’s Clinic on 01480 436435
- or visit our Appointments Page